[FFmpeg-user] --extra-ldflags not working

Aaron Boxer boxerab at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 15:23:25 CEST 2016

Dear List,
I am still troubleshooting linking to a local build of openjpeg.

This is a static build of openjpeg, and the library  libopenjp2.a
is placed in the /usr/local/lib folder.

(I am on Ubuntu)

My configure command is:

. $ ./configure --enable-libopenjpeg
--extra_cflags="-DHAVE_OPEN_OPENJPEG_2_1_OPENJPEG_H"
--extra-ldflags="-L/usr/local/lib"

But this fails with a "libopenjpeg not found" error.

If I copy libopenjp2.a to the /usr/lib  folder, then configure succeeds.

So, I am a bit confused here: I thought --extra-ldflags would point
configure
to the proper folder.

By the way, here is the configure code that handles checking for libopenjp2:

enabled libopenjpeg       && { check_lib openjpeg-2.1/openjpeg.h
opj_version -lopenjp2 -DOPJ_STATIC ||
                               check_lib openjpeg-2.0/openjpeg.h
opj_version -lopenjp2 -DOPJ_STATIC ||
                               check_lib openjpeg-1.5/openjpeg.h
opj_version -lopenjpeg -DOPJ_STATIC ||
                               check_lib openjpeg.h opj_version -lopenjpeg
-DOPJ_STATIC ||
                               die "ERROR: libopenjpeg not found"; }

Any guidance here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Aaron