[FFmpeg-user] Dynamically linking to OpenJPEG 2 library

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Mar 28 16:31:26 CEST 2016

Aaron Boxer <boxerab <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > > Do you mind telling me:
> > >
> > > 1) your OS
> >
> > This is completely irrelevant but I tested on Linux.
> > Due to secret decisions of the openjpeg maintainers
> > you will need an OS with cmake support though;-(
>
> Thanks. This might be relevant based on where the .so
> file is placed.

The distro I am using has a linker installed which also
searches in /usr/local/lib by default. If this is not
true for the linker you are using, you have to pass a
path to the library directory with --extra-ldflags. In
any case, it will be necessary to tell your system where
to search for dynamic libraries on runtime (note that you
reported a linking error, not a runtime issue) or to move
your openjpeg installation to /usr/lib. I suspect the
INSTALL file in the openjpeg release also contains useful
information on how to change the installation path.
(All this has not much to do with FFmpeg.)

I believe I already told you that if you have multiple
instances of libopenjpeg installed, you may easily get
in trouble, the more so with dynamic libraries.
(This has even less to do with FFmpeg.)

Carl Eugen