[FFmpeg-user] Proper syntax for flashVer option for rtmp protocol

Jonathan Douglas middlelb27560 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 13:51:19 CEST 2016

I downloaded a Linux ffmpeg binary that appears to have been built with
librtmp "enabled". I have been attempting to publish a rtmp stream(with
authentication) to Wowza with this ffmpeg image. One of the complaints that
Wowza is sending back is the fact that it says the client isn't one of its
valid encoders. I was under the impression I could address that wiith the
flashVer option at the ffmpeg command line. I have added that option and
never see that version string included in the connect message to the Wowza
server. I was wondering if someone has used the flashVer option
successfully (actually seen it in the connect message). If so, would you
mind sharing the syntax of your command line