[FFmpeg-user] FFMPEG run out of memory

Gerion Entrup gerion.entrup.ffuse at flump.de
Tue May 10 01:55:29 CEST 2016

On Montag, 9. Mai 2016 10:14:56 CEST Paul B Mahol wrote:
> You are using in above command fps filter a alot, and it is known
> problem that it tends to eat memory in some scenarios.

Might be completely unrelated to this problem, but I had exactly this experience quite some time ago with the fps filter.

Easy to reproduce eample:

wget https://i.imgur.com/Cj7B35C.jpg
echo -e "file 'Cj7B35C.jpg'\nduration 120\nfile 'Cj7B35C.jpg'\nduration 120" > concat.txt
fmpeg -f concat -i concat.txt -c:v ffv1 -vf fps=25 test.mkv

(This needs more than 9GB RAM on my machine.)

Gerion