[FFmpeg-user] nvenc ffmpeg

Cley Faye cleyfaye at gmail.com
Mon May 16 21:09:21 CEST 2016

> I use Nvidea GeForce GT 610 and I think I have  the  recent drivers
> installed ( else which is the recent version )

​It doesn't matter which driver version you got; the hardware does NOT seem
to support nvenc. If you want nvenc to work, you'll have to update the
hardware.

According to the linked articles, the oldest card that have the
capabilities to support nvenc would be a GT630, having a Kepler chip (but
don't quote me on that and do your research if you intend to buy hardware).