[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg failing to get JSON data from file

Keith Reilly kreilly at retroreport.com
Mon May 23 20:39:55 CEST 2016

keith:~ keithreilly$ ffprobe -print_format json -show_format -show_streams
/Volumes/RR295-KENNEDY_1/RR295_A034.mkv

ffprobe version 0.7.4

Copyright (c) 2007-2015 Baptiste Coudurier and the FFmpeg developers

Unrecognized option 'print_format'

ffprobe: failed to set value 'json' for option 'print_format'

keith:~ keithreilly$

I'm guessing if this works fine on your side that something is wrong with
ffprobe on mac os 10.11 and the macports team hasn't fixed it yet. I'll try
installing ffmpeg another way and see if that solves my problem