[FFmpeg-user] Feature/Request: Add basic support for Dolby Atmos encoding with Dolby Digital Plus and TrueHD

Andrew Sun adsun701 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 02:14:54 EET 2016

Hi everyone, recently I downloaded this PDF for the Dolby Atmos bitstream
format, which is standardized
as SMPTE RDD 29. I'm wondering if it would be possible to implement the
format into the encoders for
Dolby Digital Plus and the more recent, experimental Dolby TrueHD encoder,
which is still being worked on.
Dolby Atmos uses these existing codecs and is basically an extension. It
allows for object-based audio
using objects, a audio channel bed, and metadata. Here's the link to the
file.
https://www.datafilehost.com/d/684984d7
Please leave a reply of what you think about the format.

Andrew Sun