[FFmpeg-user] Installing on Snow Leopard 10.6.8

Joel Lopez badassmexican at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 23:13:07 EET 2016

Hi,

I'm stuck with some older machines that we can't upgrade because of
software we have on them.  Is it possible to install FFMPEG on OSX
10.6.8?

I've tried brew and I got errors with git.  I manually installed git
and got around it.  Now I'm getting stuck on Yasm.  I've manually
installed it but it doesn't get past the error.

brew install ffmpeg

Warning: You are using macOS 10.6.

We (and Apple) do not provide support for this old version.

You may encounter build failures or other breakages.

Please create pull-requests instead of filing issues.

clang version 1.0
(http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/cfe/tags/Apple/clang-23 exported)

Target: x86_64-apple-darwin10

==> Installing dependencies for ffmpeg: yasm, lame, x264, xvid

==> Installing ffmpeg dependency: yasm

==> Using the sandbox

==> Downloading https://www.tortall.net/projects/yasm/releases/yasm-1.3.0.tar.gz

curl: (77) error setting certificate verify locations:

  CAfile: /usr/local/etc/openssl/cert.pem

  CApath: none

Error: Failed to download resource "yasm"

Download failed:
https://www.tortall.net/projects/yasm/releases/yasm-1.3.0.tar.gz

Intelecoms-Mac-Pro:yasm-1.3.0 Intelecom$ brew search yasm

yasm

Error: curl failed!

curl: (77) error setting certificate verify locations:

  CAfile: /usr/local/etc/openssl/cert.pem

  CApath: none

curl: (3) <url> malformed