[FFmpeg-user] ... -f flv rtmp:// ... vlc error on open stream

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sat Nov 5 20:21:17 EET 2016

On Sat, Nov 05, 2016 at 17:15:42 +0100, Jens Kallup wrote:
> when I try to stream -f flv X server screen-cast to nginx server, I get
> error on client side - the stream can't be open...

Is there any more precise error than this?

You could show us your full ffmpeg command line and complete console
output. It might give an indication whether you are doing something
substantially wrong.

> Is it possible to use other "fast" output format?

This is certainly a question for the nginx forum (or for the respective
plugin). This page:
https://www.nginx.com/products/streaming-media-delivery/
tells me that MP4 is the format of choice.

Cheers,
Moritz