[FFmpeg-user] Single Audio stream to multiple FFmpeg process?

Jonathan Baecker jonbae77 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 22:59:53 EET 2016

Am 08.11.2016 um 21:36 schrieb Roger Pack:
> I think two devices can record from the same mic can't they? (but not
> video, though maybe that's possible now in windows 10 dunno otherwise
> you could split it in show or like you were saying with pipes "maybe"
> LOL)
> http://betterlogic.com/roger/2013/05/directshow-webcam-splitter/
> GL!
>
> On 11/8/16, Gabor Alsecz <alseczg at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> Is there any way - on Windows - to share a dshow USB microphone device to
>> provide the same audio stream to two different FFmpeg process/pipe "same
>> time"? Or this is not possible because of device exclusive usage by Windows
>> or like that?
>>
>> Thanks!
Maybe not the best way, but you could produce a Multicast Stream:

ffmpeg -re -i 'audio.source' -acodec pcm_s16be -ac 2 -f rtp
rtp://239.0.0.1:1234

And then you can use the stream several times. When you don't want to
spam your network interface full with the multicast traffic, you can
make a virtual "loopback" interface in Windows, and use this one.

Regards

Jonathan