[FFmpeg-user] MotionJpeg2000/ MXF

dave at dericed.com dave at dericed.com
Wed Nov 30 16:53:17 EET 2016

Hi,

> On Nov 29, 2016, at 8:08 PM, Crystal Mastering <studio at crystalmastering.com.au> wrote:
>
> Hi Guys
>
> I need to convert some video files to MotionJpeg2000, and wrap them in an MXF container.
>
> I’m using iffmepg as an interface but it won’t allow me to do this. This is strange because I know lots of
> people are able to combine  MJP2k and MXF.
>
> I’d be more than happy to pay someone to write a script to do this for me. iffmpeg has direct terminal access so
> I assume I can easily upload some code via this.

This is the wrong mailing list for iffmpeg support, but with ffmpeg you could start with:

ffmpeg -i INPUT -c:v jpeg2000 -f mxf OUTPUT.mxf

However this is to use jpeg2000 in mxf. Motion JPEG2000 is a container format so it is probably not feasible to put Motion JPEG2000 within mxf. While ffmpeg can read Motion JPEG2000 files it can not write them.

Best Regards,
Dave Rice