[FFmpeg-user] DeckLink Output Controls

Marcelo Boufleur mboufleur at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 17:37:38 EEST 2016

> Although that is in the official spec, I have never seen any SDI equipment
> use
> anything other than 48k. Doesn’t mean any doesn’t exist, but if so it’s not
> very common.

I agree. I have seen some SDI converters and embedders/de-embedders working
with 32Khz, 44.1Khz and 48Khz, but so far I haven't seen any real world
practical situation where I would need sampling frequencies other than
48Khz (which does not mean there aren't any).

It seens newer versions of SMPTE standards (mainly 424-M and 425-M) make
room for additional sampling frequencies such as 88.2Khz and 96Khz, (and
also add more channels - 32 if I recall) but I am not sure.

Also, the current API from Decklink (as well as the card itself) would also
have to support the above newer standards.