[FFmpeg-user] m3u8 = non-monotonous DTS

Reto Kromer lists at reto.ch
Fri Oct 14 19:09:55 EEST 2016

Moritz Barsnick wrote:

>Why do you need a release, anyway?

The question about the releases is asked from time to time.
I don't use releases myself, but I always advise AV
archivists, who implement FFmpeg in their workflow, to use
the last release of an actively maintained branch. Why?
Because for the people living outside our "gang" it is much
easier to keep the software updated this way (e.g. via
Brew). Therefore I am really grateful to the volunteers who
make this possible, even if I am not a direct beneficiary.

Best regards, Reto