[FFmpeg-user] Create subtitle playlist

Sven C. Dack sven.c.dack at sky.com
Tue Oct 18 12:47:15 EEST 2016

On 17/10/16 17:50, Tung Tran wrote:
> Dear all
>
> Could you please point me the command to create .m3u8 playlist for
> subtitles on  HLS streaming (VoD) application. I have the .srt file but
> dont know how to make .m3u8 playlist from it.
>
> Thank you
 From what I know are .m3u files just plain text files (.m3u = ASCII text, m3u8
= UTF-8 text). See also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M3U
This is an example for an .m3u file that I have on my desktop to play an
Internet radio station:

--- PulseRadio.m3u ---
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-2,(#1 192k) PulsRadio Version 100% Trance - www.pulsradio.com
http://icecast.pulsradio.com:80/pulstranceHD.mp3
---

I believe lines starting with "#" are mere optional comments and all the file
then contains are lists of URLs of all sorts. Should be the easiest thing in the
world to create with only a text editor.

Sven