[FFmpeg-user] issue with concat and seek

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Oct 20 12:06:27 EEST 2016

On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 19:43:00 +0200, Cley Faye wrote:
> To me, it sound like it might copy all the video, and set the stream to
> start at the specified time, if there is no keyframe between the start and
> the cutting point. If that's the case, then concat might not be honoring
> this starting time.

Good point - I wasn't aware it would do it this way. (I'll need to play
around with this to understand, for myself.)

I'm pretty sure the "inpoint" directive to the concat demuxer will then
suffer the same issue. Its documentation even says:

  This directive works best with intra frame codecs, because for
  non-intra frame ones you will usually get extra packets before the
  actual In point and the decoded content will most likely contain
  frames before In point too.

Cheers,
Moritz