[FFmpeg-user] mp4 to mpeg-2 ts pcr period

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Wed Oct 26 16:35:18 EEST 2016

On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 04:49:42 -0700, dariusz w wrote:
> ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -c copy -bsf:v h264_mp4toannex output.ts
                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This filter is called "h264_mp4toannexb" (note the last letter). In
recent ffmpeg releases and with latest git, it is automatically
inserted, you don't need to do so anymore.

> outpu.ts plays fine in vlc etc. but output.ts isn't compatibilie with
> hardware decoders. pcr is rare in output.ts.

Which hardware decoder are you referring to? What is "pcr"?

You should show us the (proper) command line, and the command's full
uncut console output, so that we can get an idea what has gone wrong.

In the meantime, please ensure that you are testing this with latest
git (if possible, else latest release).

Thanks,
Moritz