[FFmpeg-user] Request to mailing list ffmpeg-user rejected

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Fri Sep 2 22:58:29 EEST 2016

On Fri, 2 Sep 2016 11:05:36 -0430
Markin Abras <abras_markin at macdirectory.com> wrote:

> Hello Nicolas, can you help us with the following request? Our project is
> on hold for almost 3 weeks now because we haven't been able to get any
> support...

You and you associates seem to misunderstand how the mailing list
works, and you seem to be ignoring the multiple "rejected" messages
from the mailing list moderator. This has become a headache.

Please be aware of the following:

You are not subscribed to the mailing list. There is nothing wrong with
that, but you must understand that you will not receive direct email
replies unless the person replying adds your email address to CC like I
did in this message. Because you are unsubscribed your messages will be
delayed because they must be manually approved.

You can view messages in the mailing list by looking at the archives
[1]. You can reply to a message in the mailing list by clicking the
email address link at the top of the message; it is the very first
link. This link contains email info that will keep it within the
"thread" as opposed to an orphaned message.

Your topic is already on the mailing list [2]. It is discouraged to
repeatedly send the same message multiple times.

You already received several replies [3][4], but it seems to me that
you are unaware of this although you have been told several times.

You or your associate previously sent the same message to multiple
mailing lists. This is not allowed.

[1] <https://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/>
[2] <https://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2016-August/033356.html>
[3] <https://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2016-August/033362.html>