[FFmpeg-user] Mpg

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sun Sep 11 16:17:38 EEST 2016

On Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 20:55:28 +0100, Sven C. Dack wrote:
> It's a clear winner for me. Not every player however supports the
> Matroska format, but the applications and players I do care about
> (i.e. vlc and mpv) handle it well.

And that's exactly the question Juan needs to ask himself: What do I
want to achieve? Which means: Which players need to be able to play the
file? Will I pass it on to other people, or upload it to some site
(either of which again may not like all formats).

The same question needs to be asked for codecs and their parameters as
well, usually.

Cheers,
Moritz