[FFmpeg-user] m3u8 seeking issues

Louis Letourneau lletourn49 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 15:14:17 EEST 2016

> On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 6:27 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Is the issue reproducible with current FFmpeg git head?

Yes

> Do I understand correctly that the issue is only reproducible
> with FFprobe but not FFmpeg?

No, I have 2 symptoms
1- Frame counts with ffprobe is too high
2- seeking to the wrong frame with ffmpeg (seeking to 0 doesn't seek to 0
for example)

Either one OR the other works at a given commit in git..

I tried HEAD on master and Seeking is broken on m3u8 files. I'll try to
find a sane commit and run bisect from there. I think the 3.1 branch root
is sane, but it's quite far from HEAD. We will see...

Louis