[FFmpeg-user] MXF file from ikegami gfpack

Erik Dobberkau erik.dobberkau at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 21:07:40 EEST 2016

Am Montag, 19. September 2016 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos :

> <javascript:;>>:
> > Am Sonntag, 18. September 2016 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos :

> <javascript:;> <javascript:;>

> info

> >> Can you confirm that the file A2.MXF alone (without other mxf or xml
> files)
> >> is recognized by any tool?
> >> (Sorry if I have asked this previously, I forgot)
> >
> > Aye, you can open them in Premiere Pro CC without any issues.
>
> What does "them" mean in this context?

Neither am I. ;-)
You can import the spanned OP-Atom files (A1&A2) to Premiere and put them
back to back in a timeline, this plays fine without any noise or crackling.
I suppose the second (and third etc) file of these spanned files has a
different header (if it has any header at all) that ffmpeg misinterprets
(in whatever way, just guessing).

Erik