[FFmpeg-user] Cross-compile ffmpeg with android ndk and libspeex fails

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 10:18:10 EEST 2016

>> On Sep 19, 2016, at 9:29 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Hello. I need to build ffmpeg as library for android. I use slightly modified
>>> bambuser script
>>
>> Such scripts are not supported here, we only support our configure script;-(
>
> I said that I am using it since it’s the only working solution I found on ffmpeg
> site for Android platform :)

Please elaborate!
So far, all scripts I have seen are severely broken, and offer no
advantages over
configure, so this seems like a documentation issue to me.

> I am 100% sure that I can find Speex in /usr/local/include/speex/{headers}
> and /usr/local/lib/libspeex.*

You put your arm binary into /usr/local/lib, really?

> --target-os=linux

Should be --target-os=android

> --disable-symver

Should not be necessary

> --disable-everything

This is a debug option, it may be useful to test --enable-speex, you should
not use it for production.
(You may want --disable-all if you need smaller libraries)

> --extra-cflags= -I/usr/local/include/ --extra-ldflags= -L/usr/local/lib/

These are necessary although surprising, see above.

> -Ispeex

Copy/paste error, this was -lspeex in my mail.

> ld: error: speex: no archive symbol table (run ranlib)

Please run "file /usr/local/lib/libspeex* and consider doing what the
error message suggests.

Carl Eugen