[FFmpeg-user] How to create a multichannel wav file without a specific channel layout

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 13:42:10 EEST 2016

> I would like to know if it is possible to create a wave file that contains
> n channels of audio which do not have a channel layout like 5.1 or stereo,

(I assumed n==1 here because it should work fine for n>2)

> much like a file used in broadcast for just storing n signals in one wav
> file.

It works fine for >16bit or >48kHz.
I just sent a patch that fixes it for all (pcm) audio, that will not fix the
front center (mono) case though: If this is an issue (if your software
does not default to front center for 1-channel pcm wav), please
tell me;-)

Carl Eugen