[FFmpeg-user] Can't get a/v synchronisation right with mpeg transport stream that has gaps in it

Carles Vila cvilad at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 00:10:13 EEST 2017

On 3 April 2017 at 15:47, Erik Slagter <erik at slagter.name> wrote:

> [ ffmpeg not syncing a/v properly with an mpeg transport stream, that
> has gaps in it, as input ]
>
> It seems nobody experiences the same issues. As said before it's not
> specific to a certain file, it happens with all such streams. So
> uploading such a huge stream is imho pointless.

IMHO you're making you're life hard unnecessarily. In the first place, why
do you edit in two steps, first a raw cut, then a more precise?
Let me recommend you MPEG Streamclip, which is a free software that can
connect directly to your Enigma box, access its recordings,
edit at keyframes to avoid A/V sync issues and save the edited file
losslessly. I can't think of a more pristine workflow.
Cheers