[FFmpeg-user] Shrinking video files

Cecil Westerhof Cecil at decebal.nl
Tue Apr 4 01:48:10 EEST 2017

On Monday  3 Apr 2017 23:39 CEST, Ron Sparks wrote:

> On 04/03/2017 09:23 AM, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
>> And if someone has tips about shooting the videos themselves, I do
>> not mind to get them. Saturday was the first time I did this. It
>> was not to bad, but there is room for improvement.
>
> I've found when shooting a long event it's best to break it up into
> several shorter sections when shooting. If you pause/stop/start a
> new clip for each speaker, you can then process the smaller clips
> and tweak settings as needed then run them all in a batch file or
> individually to adjust for lighting, background noise, etc that may
> vary for each section. When you have all the clips processed, then
> you can concatenate them together for the final video.

That I did. Longest is about seven minutes. Anyway, with a photo
camera you cannot take longer as 30 minutes anyway. (Unless you use
Magic Lantern, but I am not there yet.)

They want them to be kept as different videos, so that keeps things
relatively simple. :-)

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer