[FFmpeg-user] Shrinking video files

Cecil Westerhof Cecil at decebal.nl
Tue Apr 4 16:25:13 EEST 2017

On Tuesday  4 Apr 2017 14:56 CEST, Moritz Barsnick wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 03, 2017 at 19:57:09 +0200, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
>> Well, I should have expect it not to be that easy. :'-( When
>> uploading to Google Drive no video is displayed. Only the audio is
>> played. Could it be that the problem is that I used x265?
>
> You have an upload tool that displays video? :-O Just kididng, and a
> hint that you should choose your wording carefully when describing
> technical details.

You are completely right.

> I assume you uploaded to Google Drive, created a link (or browsed
> privately), and tried to look at it in a webbrowser? I would assume
> Google Drive's web interface uses either HTML5 or Adobe Flash plugin
> to (try to) display videos, but neither of them normally supports
> H.265.

Yes, that is what I did. People can of-course download the videos, but
it would really be nice when they just could view them immediately in
the web-browser. H.264 is significantly bigger as H.265, but I think
the user experience is more important as saving space on Google Drive.

Thanks for the explanation.
I'll try to be more precise next time.

--
Cecil Westerhof