[FFmpeg-user] Cross compiling ffmpeg lib with openh264

Cley Faye cleyfaye at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 21:37:08 EEST 2017

> I am trying to compile with Cyclone-V SOC with Yocto toolchain for ARM
> cortexA9. I am receiving the following error :
> ERROR: openh264 not found using pkg-config
>
> ./configure  --enable-cross-compile  --cross-prefix=arm-poky-linux-
> gnueabi-
> --arch=arm --target-os=linux --prefix=/home/it-0118/arm_crosscompiled_bin
> --enable-static  --enable-libopenh264
> --extra-cflags="-I/home/it-0118/arm_crosscompiled_bin/include/
> -L/home/it-0118/arm_crosscompiled_bin/lib/ -lopenh264"
> --extra-ldflags="-L/home/it-0118/arm_crosscompiled_bin/lib"
>
> I have attached the config.log file with the mail.

Since you're cross-compiling, you need two things: pkg-config that will
look in the correct place to find library built for your target​
architecture, and libraries actually built for that architecture, which are
different from the one installed on your build system.

I see two things in your log:

> WARNING: arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-pkg-config not found, library detection
may fail.

Meaning it will use the "regular" pkg-config which might not know where are
the library for your build target, and ultimately

​> ERROR: openh264 not found using pkg-config​

Meaning pkg-config did not find openh264 at all.

Make sure you have the development files for openh264 for your build target
appropriately installed, try to cross-compile a simple example using them,
then try to use them building ffmpeg.

 The information in this message may be confidential and is being sent

> exclusively to the receiver. If you are not the recipient of this

​This email was sent to a publicly archived mailing list...​