[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg x265 on multi-cpus

fred fred fr1d_mail at yahoo.fr
Mon Apr 10 16:11:09 EEST 2017

get it, but then how to reach 800% for one task at least ?as for the girls, well, I strongly believe in practical experiments ;)

    Le Lundi 10 avril 2017 15h06, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> a écrit :

Am 10.04.2017 um 14:59 schrieb fred fred:
> hello Harald, it is not a conclusion, it's an expectation ! and a question : for one file from some format to x265, what it the best efficient way to use my 24 cores ? can you contribute ?BestFred

parallelization depends on a lot of things and you always have sharded
ressources like memory, IO, thread-synchronisation - for one video task
probably there is just no way to get 24 core to 100% CPU usage

with 3 different parallel tasks each using 8 cores probably better
because each one has it's own thread-synchronisation and so on

you just can't expect that throwing enough CPU cores on a problem will
solve it faster the same as 9 girls can't make a child in one month :-)