[FFmpeg-user] libsmbclient support for ffmpeg

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Apr 11 22:38:08 EEST 2017

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 19:58:29 +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:
> did you install the damned devel package on the operating system you
> didn't mention - on Redhat it would be "libsmbclient-devel"

It's a cross-compile on Mac OS, for the target iOS on ARM. But I agree,
Haojiao should have said so.

Haojiao, just like with all the other external libraries you are using
(are you even using any?), you need to cross-compile libsmbclient
first, before your ffmpeg build can use it.

You probably found a guide for cross-compiling for your target. Check
out how the other libraries are built and installed. There are also
several cross-compilation guides linked from here:
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/CompilationGuide

Moritz