[FFmpeg-user] Create an AAC stream matching the Core Media Audio packet format / priming etc?

Mark Burton mwjburton at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 10:34:18 EEST 2017

On 15 Apr 2017, 06:55 +0100, Marton Balint <cus at passwd.hu>, wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Apr 2017, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> > > I find it hard having to accept an encode will always play out of
> > > sync on certain players.
> >
> > Could you elaborate a little?
> > So far, for every ticket, it either turned out that out-of-sync was
> > not reproducible with MPlayer / vlc (and FFmpeg) or it was off-
> > by-one-frame which I consider hard to reproduce...
>
> Last time I checked (a year ago or so), ffmpeg created a correct .mov edit
> list to signal the audio priming.
>
> https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/QuickTime/QTFF/QTFFAppenG/QTFFAppenG.html
>
> Here is patch which writes Sample Group Description Atom and the
> Sample-To-Group Atom as well, in addition to the already existing edit
> list.
>
> You can check if it makes a difference or not.

Thanks Martin. I use a precompiled binary of the latest snapshot build from https://evermeet.cx/ffmpeg. Apologies, I’m not familiar with how to test an individual patch, but I’m sure it involves compiling the source and although I’ve used brew install a few times, I’m very much a novice in that area.

Has your patch not been committed to the project?

Thanks
Mark