[FFmpeg-user] Create an AAC stream matching the Core Media Audio packet format / priming etc?

Christian Ebert blacktrash at gmx.net
Sat Apr 15 14:25:26 EEST 2017

* Marton Balint on Saturday, April 15, 2017 at 12:25:58 +0200
> On Sat, 15 Apr 2017, Christian Ebert wrote:
>> * Marton Balint on Saturday, April 15, 2017 at 07:55:22 +0200
>>> Last time I checked (a year ago or so), ffmpeg created a correct .mov
>>> edit list to signal the audio priming.
>>>
>>> https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/QuickTime/QTFF/QTFFAppenG/QTFFAppenG.html
>
> Hmm, a recent fix changed one of the hunk contexts... Could you try
> this new attached patch?

I'm afraid for my purpose - segmenting - it does not make a
difference. I still get the same overlong first segments;
depending on codec - native aac has much shorter 'delays' than
fdk-aac, they are minute, but they still make the hls muxer set a
1 second higher TARGETDURATION, even when all segments are of the
exact duration up to the sixth decimal - this can be corrected
by hand because the spec tolerates such minimal divergences.

But again, for the purpose of segmenting it has not any effect.

It may well fix Mark's use case. I haven't checked that.

--
\black\trash movie    _MORALISK  ANSTALT_
                        "Nix verstanden."

--->> https://blacktrash.org/underdogma/moraliskanstalt.php