[FFmpeg-user] Poor quality output when converting avi to mp4

Ute Willmore uwillmore at remotegeo.com
Wed Aug 2 19:34:43 EEST 2017

Gyan,
just wanted to let you know that mp4box has been fixed. They actually had a
fix for me to test by Friday, but I didn't see the message until Saturday
and couldn't test before Monday. As of yesterday both versions are fixed,
and the fixed versions can be found here:

all versions should now include this fix, including win32 builds - so you
can use any of the files at
https://gpac.wp.imt.fr/downloads/gpac-nightly-builds/ where revNNN NNN>=208

I don't know when they will update the official download page but the bug
report I submitted has been closed.

So now that this problem has been taken care of as well, I will post to the
superuser site as soon as I get a chance and explain the fix you found for
me to convert bad AVI videos to mp4.

Thanks again for your help.

Ute