[FFmpeg-user] [hw] strange stream behaviour

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sat Aug 12 22:42:13 EEST 2017

On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 12:15:01 +0530, Mettavihari D wrote:
> if you have solved it I would be happy to know the solution
> If not try to put -report into the command line.
>
> ffmpeg -n -loglevel 8 -report -i http://example.com/foo.m3u8 -codec
> copy -t 00:10:00 -f mpegts example
>
> and post the output of the log file
> you may then get a response which will be useful for me also

I agree. At least to understand the "-t" issue, we need to see the
complete, uncut console output from ffmpeg.

Regarding the apparent stalling: I have no idea. ffmpeg with a high
enough loglevel (probably default nowadays) reports which m3u8 segments
it is opening. Does the progress line show any progress? Increase in
number of frames, in size, does the time increase?

For m3u8, it might also be worth finding a tool which actually
downloads the segments without de-/remuxing them. youtube-dl can
basically do this, though I haven't figured out how with live m3u8 and
with plain m3u8 URLs. Otherwise, write a downloader of your own (I have
done it for non-live URLs) and see if the server does something
incorrectly - like not providing the segments or stalling on them or
something.

Moritz