[FFmpeg-user] Recording affected by streaming

Gyan gyandoshi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 13:31:45 EEST 2017

On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 12:22 PM, Jiin Joo Ong <jiinjoo at garuda.io> wrote:

> The network we are on will occasionally be bad, but we would like the
> recording to be perfect regardless of intermittently bad streaming quality.
> I’ve tried using the tee pseudo mixer as well as a real tee in my
> experiments:

Some clarification first, by setting `-f flv`, you are generating a FLV
format output not a raw H.264 bitstream. And since you are copying the
video stream, bitrate, output rate, (video) encoding presets won't have an
effect.

You can try specifying two outputs:

    ffmpeg -f v4l2 -input_format h264 -video_size 640x480 -framerate 30 -i
/dev/video0 -f flv -vcodec copy  /home/pi/recordonly.flv -vcodec copy -f
flv rtmp://x.x.x.x:1935/my_url

Gyan