[FFmpeg-user] Generating a difference map

Evert Vorster evorster at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 18:58:59 EEST 2017

Hi there.

I have a video stream that has been generated via Hugin and some fancy
scripting.
I also have a video stream, using the same input and remapped with ffmpeg
remap filter.

The problem that I am having is that there are some color differences
between the two streams, with the ffmpeg remapped stream not correcting for
vignetting and color balances.

Since the same pixels are in the same place, would it be possible to create
a difference map between the two that I can re-use later as a layer over
the remapped stream to do color corrections?

I have been trying with the vignette and eq filters, but it has been
driving me insane, as the color variations are just not linear enough
across the canvas.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Evert Vorster