[FFmpeg-user] EXR displayWindow != dataWindow

Martin Vignali martin.vignali at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 22:17:18 EEST 2017

> I'm using ffmpeg on windows, and creating a movie file from a series of
> uncropped frames, ffmpeg chokes with this message:
>     Could not find codec parameters for stream 0 (Video: exr, rgb48le):
> unspecified size
>
> Googling, I see that other people have hit this bug and fixes have
> apparently been submitted.  But I just downloaded the latest version I
> could
> find (N-86950-g1bef008 or ffmpeg-20170807-1bef008-win64-static), it still
> has the same problem.
>
> Is there a version of ffmpeg in which this has been properly fixed?  Or are
> there any flags I can use to specify that for an EXR file, it should use
> only the display window, and not the data window?
>
> Thanks!

Hello,

Display window is not correctly support for all case in ffmpeg exr decoder.
Only datawindow < display window is supported, and if i correctly remember,
not for < 0 coordinates.

I begin to work on a patch for this, but i doesn't find time to finish it.
I will probably take a better look on this (but not soon), and it's
probably better to modify the decoder
to use planar format before implementing a full display/data window support.

Martin