[FFmpeg-user] av_interleaved_write_frame(): Broken pipe

James Girotti james.girotti at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 20:26:30 EEST 2017

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 7:56 AM, tasos <tasoss at trigonongroup.com> wrote:

> Maybe i should send it to the devs list?

My understanding is that the devs list is for software development and not
user interaction/support. I appreciate that you need help, this is a
volunteer effort though and it can take some time to get an answer. It's
taking me some time to study what you're experiencing and try to setup a
similar situation on my computer. Seems like I'll have to setup ffserver to
replicate the udp/rtmp part.

On 8/28/2017 7:13 PM, tasos wrote:

> Hello.
> I'm having a problem which i don't know if it's a bug or misuse from my
> side.
> I have attached the ffmpeg command and ffprobe of the input.
> The command was
>
> ./ffmpeg -y -hwaccel cuvid -deinterlace -vsync 1 -i udp://127.0.0.1:8888
>> -vcodec h264_nvenc -pix_fmt yuv420p -b:v 1000k -an -loglevel warning -f flv
>> rtmp://foobar:5130/live/foo/livestream

Just a little bit of clean-up: you don't have to use "-hwaccel" because
you're not using a hw-decoder/full hw transcoding. Also "-deinterlace" is
deprecated (see ffmpeg -h long | grep 'deint'). I can see that your input
is yuv422p, which is not supported by h264_cuvid (that's too bad...) hence
why you're using sw-decoder.

I would recommend that you use a higher loglevel (like "debug" which also
== "48") to get more info on what's happening. Use "-t 5" or something
similar so the log output isn't too long.

In case i use the following command it will work:

>> ./ffmpeg -y -hwaccel cuvid -deinterlace -vsync 1 -i udp://127.0.0.1:8888
>>> -vcodec h264_nvenc -pix_fmt yuv420p -b:v 1000k -an -loglevel warning
>>> foobar.mkv

It's good to have something that works to use for troubleshooting. Did you
include the log output for this command that works? I'm surprised that the
above command works because the only difference is the output format. It
seems like it's something with RTMP then. I'm not very familiar with RTMP,
but can you try sending a local file (like the one you already transcoded)
to the RTMP server:

ffmpeg -loglevel debug -i foobar.mkv -c copy -f flv