[FFmpeg-user] Convert Single Image

Lou Logan lou at lrcd.com
Mon Dec 4 23:13:34 EET 2017

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017, at 10:42 AM, Damien Gallagher wrote:
> Would the following look like a decent setup?
> ffmpeg.exe -y -v error -loop 1 -framerate 24 -t 5 -i intro.jpg -vf
> format=yuv420p -r 24/1 output.mp4

No need for the "-r 24/1" because you already set "-framerate 24". The
output will use the input frame rate unless you tell it not to.
Otherwise, should be fine I guess. You can experiment with a lower frame
rate to see what frame rate will decode properly in your supported
players.

You can also adjust the -crf and -preset values for the encoder libx264.
See:
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/H.264