[FFmpeg-user] FFMPEG's MXF container support for DNxHR with Avid MC?

Alan Moore kahunamoore at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 02:21:12 EET 2017

inline...

On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 5:59 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > In general the MXF wrapper is more a blessing
> > than a curse
>
> I may misunderstand this (the sentence is difficult to understand)
> and I of course do not speak for the project but I believe it is safe
> to say that the majority of developers are absolutely sure that
> mxf is a curse.

Lolz, it sure seems that way. Even a "constrained" profile like OP1a has a
ton of options that no two tools seem to agree on. The metadata seems to be
the main problem. The KLV structure is trivial but the key values seem to
be very hard to look up within the plethora of inter-related specs. I've
printed out them all out and highlighted the relevant sections/tables &
have used tools to compare known good files with bad ones but am still no
closer to an answer as to why it doesn't work... combined with the fact
that MC give me no error message whatsoever, that curse sure has worked
it's horror on me pretty badly by this point. Not sure how much more I can
take.

Alan

> Carl Eugen

*"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius,
power, and magic in it. Begin it now."* - *Goethe*