[FFmpeg-user] merge two mono audio streams to stereo without losing end of longer input

Dave Horton daveh at beachdognet.com
Fri Dec 22 15:45:15 EET 2017

I’m merging two input audio streams using ‘-strict 2 -filter_complex [0a][1:a]amerge” in order to produce a stereo recording, and I’ve noted that per the documentation the output stream has the length of the shorter of the two inputs.  Is there a a way to accomplish the opposite — ie have the output have the length of the longer of the two inputs, with the shorter channel either padded with silence or, I guess, just being shorter?