[FFmpeg-user] build error

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 00:27:16 EET 2017

> Hi,
> I’m building a fresh git clone of ffmpeg on freebsd using clang.
> The configure step goes fine with:
>
> ./configure --cc=/usr/bin/clang --pkg-config-flags="--static" --enable-static
> --disable-shared --enable-nonfree --enable-gpl --enable-hardcoded-tables
> --enable-version3 --enable-libfdk-aac --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265
> --enable-avfilter --enable-filters --disable-indevs --disable-outdevs
> --disable-ffserver --disable-network
>
> Then I type 'gmake install clean’

What happens if you only type "gmake install"?
And then "gmake clean"?

> It gets almost to the end, after it actually installs ffmpeg and ffprobe and
> some docs and such, then comes to a halt:
>
> INSTALL libavutil/libavutil.a
> INSTALL libavdevice/avdevice.h
> INSTALL libavdevice/version.h
> GEN     libavdevice/libavdevice.pc
> .: cannot open libavformat/libavformat.version: No such file or directory
> gmake: *** [ffbuild/library.mak:102: libavdevice/libavdevice.pc] Error 2
>
> Indeed, there is no libavformat.version in the libavformat directory.

The following builds the file here (as does "make"):
$ make libavformat/libavformat.version

Please confirm that you tested a fresh git checkout with just
"./configure && gmake install" to rule out a mixture of old files
in your build directory.

Carl Eugen