[FFmpeg-user] Compile Error - libvpx

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Wed Feb 1 03:53:08 EET 2017

On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 14:40:07 +0000
Kent Scott <kent.scott at allure-christie.com> wrote:

> Trying to follow the instructions found here -> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/CompilationGuide/Centos#CompilationInstallation
>
> Under the section for libvpx, when running make, I get the following error:
>
>     [CXX] test/level_test.cc.o
>     [CXX] test/lpf_test.cc.o
>     [CXX] test/minmax_test.cc.o
>     [CXX] test/partial_idct_test.cc.o
> test/partial_idct_test.cc: In function ‘int16_t<unnamed>::MaxSupportedCoeff(void (*)(const tran_low_t*, uint8_t*, int, int))’:
> test/partial_idct_test.cc:63: error: address of overloaded function with no contextual type information
> test/partial_idct_test.cc:64: error: address of overloaded function with no contextual type information
> test/partial_idct_test.cc: In function ‘int16_t<unnamed>::MinSupportedCoeff(void (*)(const tran_low_t*, uint8_t*, int, int))’:
> test/partial_idct_test.cc:75: error: address of overloaded function with no contextual type information
> test/partial_idct_test.cc:76: error: address of overloaded function with no contextual type information
> test/partial_idct_test.cc: At global scope:
[...]
> test/partial_idct_test.cc:620: error: no matching function for call to ‘make_tuple(void (*)(const int16_t*, tran_low_t*, int), <unresolved overloaded function type>, <unresolved overloaded function type>, TX_SIZE, int, int, int)’
> make[1]: *** [test/partial_idct_test.cc.o] Error 1
> make: *** [.DEFAULT] Error 2
>
> I am unsure why I would get this error. As an fyi, I am running on CentOS 6.8.

Works for me using current libvpx master branch. I can't duplicate this
libvpx issue (it's not an issue from FFmpeg). Although I didn't check
the git log to see if anything changed today you can try updating the
source and try compiling again:

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/CompilationGuide/Centos#Updatelibvpx