[FFmpeg-user] Audio/video stream are out of sync?

christina zou zou.christina at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 01:50:30 EET 2017

Carl,

I spent a lot of time trying to use ffmpeg alone (alsa/v4l2), but it
produces extreme stuttering on the audio track. Using my approach of
writing to named pipes and sending those into ffmpeg, I add a bit of
latency but ensure that there's no loss of frames. This was the approach
suggested to me by the ffmpeg IRC channel. I'm on a Pi Zero (single core),
by the way.

Is there any way to align the two input streams' timestamps, if they are
both being read from named pipes?

Here is my full console output: http://pastebin.com/phmiphaL

Thanks,
Christina