[FFmpeg-user] 'ff_h264_handle_aggregated_packet' does not match original declaration

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Feb 12 06:36:37 EET 2017

Am 12.02.2017 um 03:30 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:

>> gcc-6.3.1-1.fc24.x86_64
>
> gcc.gnu.org doesn't know this release;-)
>
> Anyway: Please understand that several hundred real, user-reported,
> reproducible bugs exist in current FFmpeg, some of them regressions.
> I hope you agree that compiler bugs are not our priority...
> (It's bad enough that we have to invest time in "undefined behaviour"
> where no compiler ever failed.)

no i do *not* agree beause some some of that warnings may the reason for
unfixed bugs, things like "src/libavcodec/mpegvideo.c:960:17: warning:
this 'if' clause does not guard... [-Wmisleading-indentation]" are a
clear indication that this code should be reviewed

and to be frankly where i develop software (though not in C/C++ but that
don't matter) i first keep my house clean and fix any warnings software
can detected automatically and *then* consider to waste my time trying
to reprodce things which could have been gone by get rid of all the code
smell

> That's apart from the fact that --extra-cflags and --extra-ldflags
> generally make bug reports invalid (as you correctly indicated)
> except for paths and libraries

you still refused to answer my question if you did a LTO build as you
pretended you can't reporduce it, as you always request full input of
ffmpeg command lines why don't you do the same?

src/libavformat/rtpdec_formats.h:41:5: warning: type of
'ff_h264_handle_aggregated_packet' does not match original declaration
[-Wlto-type-mismatch]
  int ff_h264_handle_aggregated_packet(AVFormatContext *ctx,
PayloadContext *data, AVPacket *pkt,
      ^
src/libavformat/rtpdec_h264.c:206:5: note:
'ff_h264_handle_aggregated_packet' was previously declared here
  int ff_h264_handle_aggregated_packet(AVFormatContext *ctx,
PayloadContext *data, AVPacket *pkt,
      ^
src/libavformat/rtpdec_h264.c:206:5: note: code may be misoptimized
unless -fno-strict-aliasing is used
LD      libavfilter/libavfilter.so.6