[FFmpeg-user] Bug in FFMPEG Alsa?

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Sun Feb 19 11:43:03 EET 2017

Le nonidi 29 pluviôse, an CCXXV, Phil Rhodes a écrit :
> Don't worry about it - it isn't very important, and Carl has no formal
> authority to tell you what to do.

Replying to the troll, for once.

Carl Eugen has no formal authority on anybody on the list. But he, like
anybody else, has the authority of withholding his help.

Since he is one of the most helpful persons on this list, especially
since he is the one who endeavours to help even the hopelessly clueless
that nobody else gives a damn about, alienating him is really not a good
idea.

I myself make extensive use of that right of not helping obnoxious
people.

The first someone top-posts, I tell them "Please remember that
top-posting is forbidden on this list; if you do not know what it means,
look it up.". If there is a second time, I just stop replying to them,
exactly as in this thread.

Well, I am not a monster, if they forget once or twice later and
apologize, they deserve a second chance. But if they just ignore the
demand, too bad for them.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George