[FFmpeg-user] Ffmpeg doesn't recognize /dev/video0 when run as root?

christina zou zou.christina at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 19:17:45 EET 2017

Thanks for the tip.

To be honest, I'm hacking on a personal project for fun, security isn't
really a concern.

Raspberry Pi (which I'm using) recommends placing startup scripts in
rc.local in its official documentation:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/linux/usage/rc-local.md
<https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/linux/usage/rc-local.md>

However, if /dev/video0 can't be recognized as root, I'll follow your
advice and run my Ffmpeg command elsewhere.