[FFmpeg-user] -pix_fmt yuv420p and deinterlacing

Katherine Frances knfrances at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 00:16:07 EET 2017

Hi Martin,

Oh! Thanks for letting me know. I just assumed the conflation of the two
things here.

But then, how are my output videos becoming deinterlaced?

Inputs are uncompressed v210 in MOV. They're definitely interlaced, as
they're digitized from an analogue source (using an AJA ADC) with all
correct setup.
And outputs are definitely progressive, at least according to MediaInfo.

I'm just using a basic script, for example:

ffmpeg -i uncompressed_master.mov -c:v libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p -c:a
> libfdk_aac -b:a 128k access_copy.mp4

So how are my MP4s becoming deinterlaced? Is it a result of declaring MP4
as the output container? I thought that MP4s could contain interlaced
content - am I wrong about that?

Thanks for help!

Best, K