[FFmpeg-user] -movflags faststart revisited

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 01:44:56 EET 2017

On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 4:07 PM, Cley Faye <cleyfaye at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Are there any flags that will let me playback an unfinished transcode?
> > Reason I am asking is that if my various options in the transcode command
> > did not yield what I like, then I would like to abort the transcode.
> >

> ​mp4 files will never be playable without "finishing" them. But you can
> interrupt the process at anytime with 'q'; that will properly close the
> file so you can play it.​

​Thanks - that is somewhat a panacea, especially if one
is not 50% or more into the transcoding - so that issuing
a 'q' will not lose too much is only say the transcoding is
into 10 minutes of the video.

Now how about ffplay? I mean is/are there options
to ffplay that would allow the playing of the unfinsihed
mp4 file (without quitting the trancoding)?
​