[FFmpeg-user] [FFmpeg-devel] vstats info options

Kamaldeep Tumkur kamaldeep.tumkur at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 13:58:15 EET 2017

Thanks for your suggestion on the use of progress. This is definitely
a user question. Though some further questions are:

frame=4866
fps=24.1
stream_0_0_q=32.0
bitrate=N/A
total_size=N/A
out_time_ms=202688000
out_time=00:03:22.688000
dup_frames=0
drop_frames=0
speed=   1x
progress=continue

There is no valid bitrate information. vstats always returns a valid
bitrate-per-frame and an avg-bitrate-per-sec value. Is there a way to
get the current bitrate consistently?

Are the assessments in the following ticket accurate?
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/5288

Going to look at having my application reliably use progress data.

Thanks
Kamal