[FFmpeg-user] De-telecine, deinterlace, and filter chains

Billy billy at nlcc.us
Mon Jan 23 07:25:59 EET 2017

I have a sample video that I would like to show everyone in which obvious
telecine and interlacing is present. I can't seem to clean it up. I've tried a
number of different options, but I don't see any progress.

An earlier post suggested something like:

 > I tried " -vf pullup,dejudder,idet,yadif=deint=interlaced,fps=60000/1001"
 > and it seems to have worked.

But this method didn't seem to have any real effect on my video. It's a long
video, so I have made a shortened version available to see if anyone has seen
such a case. It's in 1080p and 23.97 fps. I'd like to save it in a similar
frame rate and size, but to be honest, the frame rate could be just about
anything as long as the interlacing was gone.

I tried checking for interlacing on the original video... None of the frames
are set as interlaced when I ran ffprobe.

Here is a random frame from the video, output from ffprobe:
[FRAME]
media_type=video
stream_index=0
key_frame=0
pkt_pts=1218318
pkt_pts_time=13.536867
pkt_dts=1218318
pkt_dts_time=13.536867
best_effort_timestamp=1218318
best_effort_timestamp_time=13.536867
pkt_duration=3003
pkt_duration_time=0.033367
pkt_pos=719664
pkt_size=4142
width=1920
height=1080
pix_fmt=yuv420p
sample_aspect_ratio=1:1
pict_type=B
coded_picture_number=106
display_picture_number=0
interlaced_frame=0
top_field_first=0
repeat_pict=0
[/FRAME]

They *all* say "interlaced_frame=0"

The (short) video (6MB):
https://www.datafilehost.com/d/5474b665

If anyone knows of a filter chain that would work, I'd appreciate it. None of
the deinterlacers that I tried did anything.