[FFmpeg-user] DV to SD Blu-ray

Terje J. Hanssen terje at nordland-teknikk.no
Tue Jan 24 19:00:54 EET 2017

Den 24. jan. 2017 16:58, skrev Andy Furniss:
> Terje J. Hanssen wrote:

> -pix_fmt yuv420p?
>
> I thought PAL DV was 420p - if by chance ffmpeg -i .... shows any of
> your interlaced inputs as 422 or 411 then you would also need to add
> -vf scale=interl=1 and avoid using any -preset xxxxx or the chroma will
> end up being messed up by a progressive conversion.

Thx for the tip. To verify I include ffprobe and mediainfo outputs for
DV "source" (A/D converted and digitized from a Sony Hi8 TR-2000
camcorder using a Datavideo DN300 DV&HDV recorder):

ffprobe dv01.dv
-----------
Input #0, dv, from 'dv01.dv':
   Metadata:
     timecode        : 00:00:00:00
   Duration: 00:09:56.48, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 28800 kb/s
     Stream #0:0: Video: dvvideo, yuv420p, 720x576 [SAR 16:15 DAR 4:3],
25000 kb/s, 25 fps, 25 tbr, 25 tbn, 25 tbc
     Stream #0:1: Audio: pcm_s16le, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16, 1536 kb/s

mediainfo dv01.dv
General
Complete name                            : dv01.dv
Format                                   : DV
File size                                : 2.00 GiB
Duration                                 : 9 min 56 s
Overall bit rate mode                    : Constant
Overall bit rate                         : 28.8 Mb/s

Video
Format                                   : DV
Duration                                 : 9 min 56 s
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 24.4 Mb/s
Width                                    : 720 pixels
Height                                   : 576 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 4:3
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 25.000 FPS
Standard                                 : PAL
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Interlaced
Scan order                               : Bottom Field First
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 2.357
Time code of first frame                 : 00:00:00:00
Time code source                         : Subcode time code
Stream size                              : 1.70 GiB (85%)

Audio
ID                                       : 0
Format                                   : PCM
Duration                                 : 9 min 56 s
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 1 536 kb/s
Encoded bit rate                         : 0 b/s
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 kHz
Bit depth                                : 16 bits
Stream size                              : 109 MiB (5%)

Terje J. H